Photo Booths are becoming increasingly popular with weddings. Why you ask? Imagine the opportunity to capture your amazing memories of your wedding day with the quality of a studio photographer. Pretty exciting stuff right? Besides amazing photo booths at weddings, we would like to share some very interesting facts about weddings with you!
1) Turns out it's your "ring finger" for a reason. Engagement and wedding rings are worn on the fourth finger of the left hand because it was once thought that a vein in that finger led directly to the heart.
2)Seventeen tons of gold are made into wedding rings each year in the United States
3) Most expensive wedding ever? The marriage of Sheik Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum's son to Princess Salama in Dubai in May 1981. The price tag? $44 million
4) In many cultures around the world -- including Celtic, Hindu and Egyptian weddings -- the hands of a bride and groom are literally tied together to demonstrate the couple's commitment
5) Men who kiss their wives in the morning are said to live five years longer than those who don’t.
to each other and their new bond as a married couple (giving us the popular phrase "tying the knot").
6)Las Vegas is the top wedding destination with over 100,000 weddings a year, followed by Hawaii at 25,000 weddings a year
7) Guests in ancient times would tear off part of the bride’s gown as tokens of good luck, leading to the tradition of the bride throwing both her garter and her bouquet
8) In the United States, there is no law that says the bride must take the grooms last name.
9) Las Vegas is the most popular wedding destination with over 100,000 weddings per year, followed by Hawaii with 25,000 per year.
10) Majority of weddings today have some sort of guest book that contains amazing memories of the day. PhotoSnap offers premium, leather guest books for the ultimate way to finish off your night.
https://www.brides.com/story/surprising-facts-wedding-traditions Fact 1
https://www.enzoani.com/en/insider/20-interesting-wedding-facts Fact 2.3,4,5,6,7
77 Interesting Facts about Weddings | FactRetriever.com Fact 8,9